Roche is committed to making a positive difference in the areas that we live and work.
The company regularly supports local events and organizations, and our employees participate in numerous volunteer opportunities each year. In the past five years, Roche has contributed more than $500,000 to hundreds of organizations in Colorado and Nevada.
Programs that are especially close to our heart are the bike program at Madison Elementary School and Salida del Sol Academy in Greeley, Colorado, and the Roche Family Scholarship program in Greeley and Henderson, Nevada.
Originally launched during the 2017-2018 school year, Roche continues to partner with Madison Elementary and Salida del Sol Academy on an incentive program designed to increase attendance at both schools. As part of the program, Roche purchases bikes and helmets for students achieving the stipulated attendance goals. Both Schools set different standards in terms of allowable tardies and absences.
At the end of the 2017-2018 school year, 88 students at Madison Elementary School earned bikes. At Salida del Sol Academy, 9 students received bikes, and 110 students were recognized with “Star Attender” polo shirts, which also were donated by Roche.
At the end of the 2018-2019 school year, 60 students at Madison Elementary and 92 students at Salida del Sol Academy earned bikes.
The program was placed on hold due to COVID-19 during the 2019-2020 school year; however, Roche is on track to continue the program for the 2021-2022 school year.
Roche Family Scholarship Program
For the past 32 years, the Roche family has funded annual scholarships in memory of the family’s father, sister, and brother. The family presents scholarships to students at Greeley West High School in Greeley, Colorado, and Foothill High School in Henderson, Nevada. Each student receives a $1,500 scholarship award for the upcoming academic year.
2021 Colorado Recipients
No scholarships awarded due to COVID 19
2021 Nevada Recipients
- Brooklyn Brown, Patrick B. Roche Memorial Scholarship, Montana State University
- Clayton Greb, Patrick T. Roche Memorial Scholarship, University of Nevada, Reno
- Macey Shackelford, Ellen M. Roche Memorial Scholarship, University of Utah
Volunteering, Sponsorships & Donations
Our employees participate in numerous volunteer opportunities each year. Some of the events and organizations that we regularly support include the following:
- A Woman’s Place, Greeley, CO
- American Cancer Society, Northern Colorado
- American Cancer Society, West Region
- Girls Athletic Leadership School, Las Vegas, NV
- Greeley Family House, Greeley, CO
- Greeley-Weld Habitat for Humanity
- Life Stories Child and Family Advocacy, Northern Colorado
- Sexual Assault Victim Advocate (SAVA) Center, Northern Colorado
- United Way of Weld County
- Weld County Special Olympics