Integrated Safety & Health
Roche actively manages and strives for safety excellence on every project. We take safety very seriously and combine safety, health, and environmental standards with quality construction performance to prevent accidents, injuries, illnesses, and environmental pollution. Roche’s mission is to construct the project the right way with every construction task always demonstrating integrated safety and construction excellence. This pursuit of excellence requires commitment from Roche employees, our subcontractors, and everyone associated with this project to achieve zero injuries, outstanding construction quality, and environmental stewardship.
Roche’s Integrated Safety & Health Plan is implemented on every project and it details general responsibilities, rules, regulations, and guidelines for all personnel associated with the construction project. The plan will be site-specific with the development and implementation of the Job Hazard analyses (JHAs) and site-specific safety plan, along with an environmental management plan. All project personnel — Roche employees, subcontractors, workers, suppliers, and visitors — are responsible and accountable for plan compliance.
OBJECTIVES & METHODS
Roche achieves safe, quality production; 100% OSHA compliance; and zero accidents using the following methods:
- Consistent enforcement of OSHA safety standards
- Drug and alcohol testing programs
- Regular safety training for all employees including OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour construction safety
- Proactive preconstruction planning and coordination with all trades on site, including a project safety
orientation starting the first day of a new job
- Formulation of a project-specific safety plan
- Employee and subcontractor safety education and training and on-site safety instruction
- Weekly, on-site safety meetings for all employees and subcontractors
- Twice-daily safety inspections at each job site
- Monthly safety inspections and audits by a qualified professional
We provide a safe and healthy work environment for all employees on our projects. Roche’s exemplary safety record is a direct result of our corporate commitment to safety.
ASSOCIATED BUILDERS & CONTRACTORS
STEP Safety Management System
The Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. The STEP program provides an organized approach to analyze and further develop companies safety and loss prevention programs; provides a valid, objective method to measure safety program improvements; and provides companies with safety performance recognition that can be used as an important business development tool with clients
Roche has been recognized with a STEP Award every year since 1999.
- Platinum Recipient: 1999-2009, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Gold Recipient: 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018
- Silver Recipient: 2012, 2013
Accredited Quality Contractor
To be certified as an Accreditd Quality Control, Roche demonstrated its commitment to high-quality construction as well as its employees, clients, and communities. Launched in 1993, the AQC program publicly recognizes and honors those construction firms that have documented their commitment to quality in five areas of corporate responsibility — quality, safety (ABC STEP Gold, Platinum, or Diamond level required), talent management, craft and management education, and community relations and diversity.
Roche has been recognized with AQC status from 2010 to 2020.
Contact Roche Today
If you are looking for a contractor that is innovative and prides itself on the lasting trust of its clients and its employees, Roche is the right contractor for your project.