Marketing & Business Development Specialist
The Marketing & Business Development Specialist will assists the Director of Marketing and Director of Preconstruction by learning all the aspects of those jobs and taking on the full responsibility of specific duties.
- Continually refines and updates marketing methods to keep the company competitive
- Works with Director of Marketing to prepare RFQs, RFPS, annual qualifications, and packages/letters for potential clients; if shortlisted, assists with PowerPoint presentation preparation and interview team participation
- Searches online lead publications and print publications for projects; ability to evaluate project leads and determine whether to proceed based on current workload, past experience with similar projects, staffing availability, and evaluation of competition
- Communicates proposal opportunities to the President, VP of Operations, Director of Preconstruction, and Director of Marketing and makes recommendations to proceed or not
- Draft, design, and maintain company templates for inclusion in proposals and marketing/business development documents
- Maintains Access database containing historical project data
- Maintains company’s website
- Manages company’s social media presence (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Manages company’s badging system in coordination with HR Manager and Director of Marketing
- Prepare press releases/announcements (internal and external)
- Documents new hires, grand openings, and groundbreaking etc. with photographs and announcements
- Coordinate final photography of completed projects
- Handles company printing (letterhead, business cards, etc.).
- Maintains inventory of company logowear and manages its distribution
- Works with the Marketing Director to plan, coordinate and execute corporate events, charity events, etc.
- Assists with non-routine tasks required by the President, Director of Marketing, and Director of Preconstruction
- Thorough knowledge of Roche’s history to use in communications with clients not familiar with company
- Attends industry functions, networking, ABC events, NAIOP, ICSC, etc.
- Pursues and tracks project leads (Projects to Pursue List in Excel)
- Works with the Director of Preconstruction to keep the Business Development Log updated
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic business partners; including owners, owners representatives, developers, architects, and consultants
- Solid understanding in leadership, delegation, and oral communication
- Expert in written communication and presentation
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented with skills in organization and planning
- Computer skills, to include Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite, and WordPress
- Minimum of three years of experience in the construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience (Business Administration/Marketing or Communications Degree preferred)