The General Superintendent will provide management and oversight to multiple projects and multiple superintendents simultaneously. The successful candidate will visit project sites frequently to evaluate project performance, site conditions, safety, quality standards, compliance with scope, and effective management of trades by the project superintendent specifically assigned to that project. Coverage of operations in both Nevada and Colorado are required so periodic travel will be necessary. The General Superintendent must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate, and mentor the field team to promote their professional growth.
- Supervise and direct project superintendents as needed to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project are met.
- Monitor assigned projects for conformance with the construction schedule, expected
quality levels, and adherence to the company’s standard operating procedures.
- Interface with all on-site work teams (including subcontractors) as required to resolve
problems, ensure quality, safety, scheduling, and achieving schedules in support of overall
- Work closely with project managers and Vice President of Operations to establish field
staffing for their assigned project.
- Responsible for identifying and recruiting top talent for field operations.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and handle competing priorities while maintaining excellent client
- Ability to problem solve and adjust to changing circumstances.
- Participates in the development of relevant company training content and is responsible
for the selection and development of internal subject matter.
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
- Provide leadership, advice, and assistance to field staff.
- Reviews project schedules during site visits, highlighting potential challenges.
- Ensure that field personnel are performing to established standards.
- Provide leadership in responding creatively to challenges to bring projects in on schedule
and under budget where feasible.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage the many details necessary for successful
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills, able to interact effectively with senior management, and the ability to handle and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 15 years of related experience or an equivalent
combination of education, training and/or experience.